What do Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers do?
Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Keep records of merchandise distributed and money collected.
- Collect coins and bills from machines, prepare invoices, and settle accounts with concessionaires.
- Make service calls to maintain and repair machines.
- Inspect machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Test machines to determine proper functioning.
- Contact other repair personnel or make arrangements for the removal of machines in cases where major repairs are required.
- Clean and oil machine parts.
- Record transaction information on forms or logs, and notify designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
- Maintain records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Replace malfunctioning parts, such as worn magnetic heads on automatic teller machine (ATM) card readers.
- Adjust and repair coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Order parts needed for machine repairs.
- Disassemble and assemble machines, according to specifications and using hand and power tools.
- Install machines, making the necessary water and electrical connections in compliance with codes.
- Refer to manuals and wiring diagrams to gather information needed to repair machines.
- Transport machines to installation sites.
- Prepare repair cost estimates.
Related Jobs (Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers)