What do Driver/Sales Workers do?
Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell or deliver goods, such as food products, including restaurant take-out items, or pick up or deliver items such as commercial laundry. May also take orders, collect payment, or stock merchandise at point of delivery. Includes newspaper delivery drivers.
- Collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts.
- Drive trucks to deliver such items as food, medical supplies, or newspapers.
- Write customer orders and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- Inform regular customers of new products or services and price changes.
- Listen to and resolve customers' complaints regarding products or services.
- Record sales or delivery information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Call on prospective customers to explain company services or to solicit new business.
- Arrange merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
- Maintain trucks and food-dispensing equipment and clean inside of machines that dispense food or beverages.
- Review lists of dealers, customers, or station drops and load trucks.
- Sell food specialties, such as sandwiches and beverages, to office workers and patrons of sports events.
- Collect coins from vending machines, refill machines, and remove aged merchandise.
Related Jobs (Driver/Sales Workers)